Flex Day Procedures:
One 6 hour day of professional development is scheduled for the 2019-2020 school year.
Flex day activities will be collected using the on-line FLEX DAY form below.
On May 1, 2019 a report will be sent to building principals for their approval.
SUBMIT A REQUEST FOR FLEX DAY using this link by MAY 1, 2019.
This form is no longer accepting responses
Check here for summer professional development opportunities:
RPS Flex Catalog 2019-2020
VIEW REQUESTS HERE:
NWA Coop Catalog:
Summer PD 2019 Schedule
- How do I register?
IN-DISTRICT WORKSHOPS - Register for IN-DISTRICT workshops in KALPA.
COOP Workshops: - Register for Coop workshops at their website: https://www.escweb.net/ar_esc/default.aspx
- How do I get credit for PD in KALPA?
IN-DISTRICT WORKSHOPS - Credit for Flex day will be given when attendance is validated.
COOP WORKSHOPS - Reports are pulled after attendance is verified and record of RPS staff is entered into KALPA, so it is NOT NECESSARY to submit requests in KALPA for COOP workshop
OTHER OUT of DISTRICT Workshops - When the PD office knows about workshop travel the records are entered in KALPA. If not, you can SUBMIT a REQUEST for credit. (If several staff attend the same workshop you can notify the PD office and one entry can be made, saving time.)
- If I requested approval do I need to sign up?
YES, Register in KALPA.
- How will I know if I am approved?
Your principal will tell you.
- I need to change my plans, how can I get approval?
Have your principal approve the changed plans.
- If there is a registration fee paid by the district, can the activity count as Flex credit?
It depends on what funds are used.
- Federal funds cannot be used to meet any part of state or district requirements (supplanting).
- Also, it is not allowable to pay registration out of one fund and rooms out of federal funds, and count the event for Flex.
- How do I register?
Title I - NO
Title IIA - NO
Title III - NO
ELL - NO
NSLA - NO
Perkins - NO
Title VI B - NO
PD - YES
Reward Money - YES
Any Building Fund - YES
Activity Fund - YES
AP Incentive Funds - YES
New hires receive FLEX credit for NEW Teacher Orientation.