Mrs. Jan Buck,
Founder of The Buck Foundation
BUCK "PRIDE OF ROGERS" SCHOLARSHIP
INFORMATION IS BEING UPDATED FOR THE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR.
DEADLINE: 10/20/21 2:00 PM [CURRENTLY CLOSED]The Buck Foundation will honor one graduating senior from Rogers High School and one graduating senior from Heritage High School annually. [New Tech High School students may apply and be considered through the high school in their attendance area.]
- $32,000 total value per scholarship
- $8,000 freshman Year (renewable if requirements are met)
PREVIOUS BUCK "PRIDE OF ROGERS" SCHOLARS:
2020-2021 Hailey Day
2019-2020 Rachelle Sanchez-Smith
2018-2019 Trey Keith
2017-2018 Doe Miller
If you fulfill the requirements listed below, you are eligible to apply.
- Recipients must demonstrate outstanding school and community involvement and be deemed future committee leaders.
- Active participation in an average of three (3) school sponsored clubs/organizations/sports teams per year
- At least one (1) titled leadership position in senior year
- An applicant that has been disciplined, expelled or suspended from his/her school is ineligible to apply. [The Buck Foundation reserves the right to omit awards if applications received do not meet standards.]
- A mimimum of fifty (50) hours to date of community service/volunteerism and may include some school sponsored activities. Ten (10) of those hours may be church activities
- ACT Score of 25-30
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Recipients must attend a 4 year college or university beginning in Fall, 2021 commencing in Spring, 2025
- A short, creative submission - strict guidelines apply
- Finalists will be required to interview.
- NEW REQUIREMENT: The Buck Foundation places great value in higher education and giving our Buck Scholars the opportunity to embrace their entire college experience. The recent Covid-19 pandemic has placed added challenges on our educational system. Science shows that vaccinated individuals are less likely to develop serious illness which could interfere with a student’s ability to successfully complete a college semester. With student achievement in mind, the Buck Foundation has chosen to invest in those who have mitigated their risk by vaccinating. Proof of Vaccination card (or doctor's exemption letter) will be required to be uploaded to the Google Folder before the October 20 deadline.
PAST BUCK CREATIVE PROJECTS
Need some project idea inspiration? Visit the Buck Pride information folders on the Scholarship Google Classroom page!
CLASS CODE: i5qtk4q