P.E.O. STAR SCHOLARSHIP
DEADLINE: 9/23/20 2:00 PM [CURRENTLY CLOSED]
The P.E.O Star Scholarship is a non-renewable $2,500 scholarship for graduating high school senior women which must be used in the academic year following graduation or it will be forfeited.
At the discretion of the recipient, funds may be paid directly to the recipient or to the accredited educational institution. Funds used for tuition and fees or required books and equipment are usually non-taxable for income tax purposes. Funds used for room and board might be reportable income for tax purposes. Recipients and their families will decide on the use of funds and will be responsible for any taxes incurred. Professional tax guidance is suggested.
Finalists will be required to have a Zoom interview.
• Exhibits excellence in leadership, academics, extracurricular activities, community service and potential for future success
• Has a minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Is in the final academic year (senior year) of her secondary education and is 20 years of age or under at the end of the calendar year
• Is a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or Canada
• Plans to attend an accredited post-secondary educational institution in the United States or Canada, full- or part-time, in the fall of the academic year following high school graduation.
- ACT score report
The P.E.O. Sisterhood is a nonprofit organization that has helped more than 113,000 women pursue educational goals by providing over $366 million* in educational assistance, making a difference in women’s lives through six philanthropies and a foundation. Through membership, the P.E.O. Sisterhood has brought together more than a half a million women in the United States and Canada who are passionate about helping women advance through education, while supporting and motivating them. In addition to the educational philanthropies, the P.E.O. Sisterhood provides a framework of support and community for all members.
What started with a bond of friendship among seven women in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, is now one of the oldest women’s organization in North America with close to 6,000 chapters. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, members are passionate about P.E.O.’s mission: to celebrate the advancement of women; educate women through scholarships, grants, awards, loans and stewardship of Cottey College; and motivate women to achieve their highest aspirations.