Two Week Remote Learning Program
Rogers Public Schools continues to explore ways to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. While the number of positive cases remain low compared to community spread, high school students will be given an opportunity to begin accessing their learning remotely for a two week period. This program will also assist the district in reducing the number of students who must quarantine due to having close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19. Students would still be allowed to participate in fine arts, athletics, and other extracurricular activities while taking advantage of the two week remote learning option. Your child’s teachers will continue to teach onsite utilizing the blended learning model and students participating in the remote program would access their learning via Google Classroom or Echo. RPS will not be providing daily recorded lessons, but will utilize many of the features and resources that are available to provide a meaningful learning experience for students. It is important to note that teachers will not be expected to live stream, conduct a Zoom or Google Meet videoconference, or FaceTime during onsite instructional hours.
Students will be able to apply for a designated two week remote period. Please note, this is for a two week period of time only, and students must reapply for any additional two week remote periods. Also, a student’s application may be denied for failure to complete assignments or engage in the learning activities provided by the teacher. Teachers will not be available for calls during the school day as they will be providing direct onsite instruction to other students. You may contact your teacher via email for any assistance.
Students participating in the two week remote learning program may still visit campus for extracurricular activities and practices. Students should also take extra caution to remain at home during the two week remote learning period to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. The first two week remote learning opportunity will be October 26, 2020, through November 6, 2020. The chart below outlines future weeks, deadlines, and notifications. Students can access the application via a link provided by each school. Schools will notify students when the link is open for each period. You can visit the schools website to access the link.
Two Week Remote Period
October 26 – November 6, 2020
October 21, 2020 (noon)
October 22, 2020
November 9 – November 20, 2020
November 4, 2020
November 5, 2020
December 7 – December 18, 2020
December 3, 2020
December 4, 2020
For the October 26, 2020 through November 6, 2020, period, the application deadline is noon on Wednesday, October 21, 2020 - No Exceptions. Approval or denial will be given to students on Thursday, October 22. The decision to approve or deny the application is the responsibility of each building.
Once a student’s application for remote learning is granted, it is expected the student will:
- Log-into all classes daily via the appropriate online portal - Google Classroom (RHS & HHS) or ECHO (NT);
- Complete all assignments and submit work electronically - typically through the portal;
- Attendance will be collected through the use of the online portal (Google Classroom or ECHO), completion of activities/assignments, and/or other communication methods (email, phone call, or video check-in);
- Set aside time when synchronous learning is appropriate or expected;
- Access Naviance at least once a week and complete any activities assigned;
- Adhere to all policies and rules specified in the RPS Student Code of Conduct;
- Contact counselor, administrator, teacher, or other school personnel as appropriate when in need of help, assistance, or support.