Rogers Public Schools' strategic plan contains a theory of action that . . . “a clearly defined curriculum and best instructional practices supported by targeted professional development will lead to desired student achievement for all students in Rogers, Arkansas.”
RPS Required Professional Development:
60 hours of professional development is required for any certified employee with a 190-day or greater contract.
Legislation adopted in July 2014 requires 36 hours of professional development annually by the DESE.
The following professional development is required in the 2022-2023 school year:
Schools will conduct an annual policy review of:
- Family and Community Engagement (2 Hours)
- Crisis & School Safety Review
- SMART Core Curriculum
- Anti-Bullying Training/Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- IT Security
- Human Trafficking
- Arkansas Educator Code of Ethics
- Science of Reading\Right to Read Act
- Test Security and Confidentality
One-half of the 36 hours required for licensure (18 hours) must be directly related to one or more of the following:
- teacher's content area
- instructional strategies
- teacher's identified need
Administrators: Data Disaggregation, Instructional Leadership, Fiscal Management
Professional Development will be provided as needed:
- Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
- Teach students with Disabilities, including Autism
- Test Security and Confidentiality Training
- New Administrators must obtain Evaluator Certification for TESS
- New Administrator Training for TESS/LEADS
2022-2023 PD Calendar
*For a complete listing of professional development requirements, see the 2022-2023 State Required PD Chart.
For ADE Rules and Regulations for Professional Development click here:
Susan Mackey, Executive Director of Curriculum and Instruction, K-5
Lisa Tilmon, Executive Director of Curriculum and Instruction 6-12
To schedule the PLC, contact Jennifer Surly email@example.com or call 479-636-3910.